Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Women Of Faith

I had the priviledge of going to the Women Of Faith Conference this past weekend here in Pittsburgh. I went with 3 other ladies and there were various others I knew from Slippery Rock who were in attendance.

We had a blast listening to women from all walks of life - married with kids, married with infertility, single for 48 yrs, single for 80 yrs, divorced, marital separation and abuse. It was amazing to hear the stories the ladies had to share and to laugh with them and cry with them. I don't think I have ever cried so much in my life, whether it was tears of laughter or tears of sorrow they were there a lot. There was amazing music by Natalie Grant, and a group called Mary Mary. It was amazing to hear their testimonies of faithfulness of god through the trials and where he has brought them.

I have plans to go back next year and if there is a Women of Faith near you, I strongly encourage it.

No comments: