Saturday, July 17, 2010

PROJECTS



We have a corner in our playroom which is right by our screen door. I have often wished for a place right there to put the kids shoes in when it is muddy or wet, or to have a towel for the dogs so that we can wipe their paws off. The problem is it is a corner area. So I decided to try to make a bench. I have done tons of woodworking-when i was about 7-10 yrs old with my dads help in the basement. Since then I took wood shop in 7th grade and nothing since that time. So I took some measurements and just went to it. I am pretty happy with it. I have never stained anything before either, and that wasn't too hard. So my first project is done. I may add a cushion to the top of this. As you can see in only one day, Luke has put toys all over it, but my intention is for the shoes and towels I mentioned before. Also a nice place to sit down.

No comments: