Thursday, July 15, 2010

Maternity Leave

Maternity Leave is about Rest, Relaxation, and Repairs!!! Or at least that is what my maternity leave has become.

Rest is something that I do 24 hours a day, just sit around and relax, on the couch never lifting a finger. OK not really, it is more like I never get to sit down and rest as there is always 1 or 3 little ones trying to get my attention. It certainty doesn't happen at night when Mr. Eli is up every 3 hrs and often won't go to sleep between the feedings. We love him and all but just wish for a little more rest. Rest normally doesn't happen during the day as the 2 older boys go down for a nap, but more often than not, Eli needs to eat at that time and rest isn't an option.

Relaxation is when you just sit and read a good book (or 8) or watch a TV show. This has been happening this maternity leave. I have read about 8 books in the last 4 weeks, but mostly I read 6 in one week. I know what was i thinking, where was this time coming from? I am really not sure but i know I didn't do a whole lot else. But I am supposed to be relaxing right?

Repairs. Well this has many meanings. Since I have 12 weeks off I decided I would do some household projects that I have wanted to do, but haven't had the time to do. Well since I have someone at the house most days helping me out I have had time to do some things if the older ones are occupied and Eli is sleeping!! So someone is going to say, well why don't you rest during those times? The answer is I really can't take a nap at 9 in the morning when i just woke up. So I stay busy. You will see some of those repairs in later blogs!!

No comments: