Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a day to be thankful for your Mom, and also to celebrate being a Mom. I had a good day on Saturday we went to cranberry and enjoyed a tale home Olive Garden meal to enjoy with Joe after the kids went to bed! Sunday was good hanging out with my family.

One person who wasn't there was my Mom. She has been gone for 17 years this June and I was 17 when she died. So I have been on this earth as long with her as without her. I took time to reflect this Mother's Day on all the people God has given me to help fill in the gap that is missing without her. There has been Grandma's who are now also gone, Aunts who have loved me as their own kids, good friends and neighbors that have also adopted me. There are step-moms and mother in laws who have been a true blessing to me and my family. They have loved me and my kids as their own and I am truly thankful for God giving them to me.

None of my kids has ever met my Mom. So today as I drove close to the cemetery my car just turned and I knew what I had to do: introduce Madison to her Grandma!

No comments: